Cairn Legal has set-up, under the direction of two partners, a Real Estate Law department.
Cairn Legal handles all aspects of real estate law, both for advice and in disputes :
- Rental agreements (office lease, commercial lease, main residence contracts) and property sale;
- Real Estate brokerage (contracts, liability, including disciplinary aspects;
- Construction (drafting agreements for contractors, architects, property developers, project; managers and managing liability litigations in front of Belgian courts);
- Acquisition of Real Estate companies (due diligence surveys, negociating and drafting sales of shares, assistance in commercial transactions such as M&A, splitting of companies with property);
- Business Law related to usufruct, long lease, surface rights, co-ownership, neighbourhood disturbance;
- Environmental law (ground pollution, liability);
In Belgium, Real Estate Law is subject to the evolution of regulation regionalisation (Flanders, Brussels, Wallonia) and our firm strictly follows these changes.
Our law firm works for various actors who are active in the Real Estate field. Moreover, our firm has been advising, for a long time, some of the most important Belgian real estate companies (some of which are on the stock market), as well as international investors.