Pierre Philippe HARMEL has joined CAIRN LEGAL in April 2016.
He is specialized in Business Law.
He assists entrepreneurs and merchants, private individuals or companies, Belgian or international, in their day-to-day activities.
He handles cases related to the incorporation and the activity of companies.
He thus practices in the following fields:
- Corporate Law
- Directors Liability
- Mergers and Acquisitions ;
- Transfer of business assets ;
- Contracts law, including negotiation as well as litigation;
- Commercial and Office Lease Agreements.
Furthermore, he has developed an experience in property right (succession and patrimonial regimes, patrimonial planning or family disputes).
He also assists non-profit organizations and foundations, Belgian or International.
His practice is solution oriented and he focusses on advice and negotiation. Whilst Pierre Philippe is an expert in civil and commercial proceedings, he favours negotiated and amicable settlements, as he is a civil and commercial mediator since 2013.
Next to his lawyer activity, Pierre Philipe HARMEL is also:
- Member of the Bureau of the Board of Directors of the Belgian National Theatre, and its Vice President;
- Member of the Board of Directors of « Les Midis de la Poésie » (Chairman during 10 years and Co Chairman during 2 years).
Member of the Brussels’ Bar since 1982
Law Degree, Université Catholique de Louvain, 1978
Specialization in European Law, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1981
Summer Session (University of Cambridge – UK, 1982)
Summer Session (University of Columbia – NY, 1983)
Civil and Commercial Mediator, 2013