Emmanuel Wauters is partner in our employment law department.
Emmanuel assists a variety of clients ranging from multinationals to regional Belgian business, both with court procedures and legal advising. His areas of expertise cover the whole spectrum of the Belgian (individual and collective) employment and social security law, including:
- Assisting employers with dismissals.
- Drafting employment agreements, service agreements, internal policies and codes of conduct.
- Issues arising from reorganizations and restructuring such as transfers of undertaking, outsourcing issues, collective dismissals or business closings.
- Business immigration counseling.
- Discrimination and harassment at work.
- Unfair competition.
- Posting of employees.
- Criminal employment law.
A native Belgian French/Dutch bilingual, Emmanuel is equally at ease pleading in Dutch or French in court. Emmanuel has strong ties with the business communities in both the French and in the Dutch speaking parts of Belgium and he negotiates with trade unions in both languages. Emmanuel is also fluent in English.
His attitude to his work is based on three key principles:
- Avoid litigation: try, where possible, to find an agreement rather than go to court.
- Provide solutions, not opinions.
- The particularities of the clients are always taken into consideration.
Emmanuel has written several articles and books on employment law and is regularly asked to speak on the subject at conferences and seminars.
Universiteit Antwerpen (University of Antwerp) (2001)
Member of the Brussels Bar (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten te Brussel)